Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Green Curry Flavored Paneer Empanada | Fusion Food | Appetizer Ideas

Last month I went to an event where some 100 attendees brought 100 bite-size pieces of their fusion food (appetizer, dessert, etc).  The creative combinations they came up with blew my mind (will share pictures from the event soon).  After thinking for weeks, I had finally decided on taking green curry flavored paneer empanada as my fusion dish.


I grew up in Bangkok, Thailand, and that's where the inspiration behind my recipe came from.  I used the authentic and vegetarian green curry paste brought from Thailand.  To add fusion to a Thai green curry paste, I used homemade paneer (Indian), and to fusion-ize it further, I shaped them like empanada (a touch of Latin America).  Since the theme of the event was ‘green’, I used spinach puree to add color the little cuties.
Continue Reading »»»

No comments:

Post a Comment