Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dosa Disaster!

My mother makes really good South Indian food.  So does my mother-in-law.  My father also loves making and having South Indian cuisine every weekend.  Idli, dosa, various kinds of chutneys, pesarattu, vada, sambar, rassam, and I don't know a lot of other names.  It's his love for all of that after having lived in Hyderabad for 20 years.

Unfortunately, I didn't learn cooking some good South Indian food from any of them.  However, today I thought of surprising my husband with some dosa and sambar for lunch.  The sambar came out delicious, as per the recipe, but the dosa was a disaster for me.  I thought it would be as easy as making pancakes, but dosa-making, let me rephrase, perfect dosa-making is an art, people.
Continue Reading »»»

No comments:

Post a Comment