Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sangeet Dance (Bollywood / Hindi) Song Ideas

After I searched over months for some good sangeet songs for dance performances for my wedding, I decided it was high time to compile them in a single file for future reference (and to save a large amount of time!).  Below are various kinds of Bollywood and Hindi songs suggested for Sangeet Sandhya.

Some are emotional ones, some are romantic.  Some of the songs are item numbers; some are happy-to-get-married songs.  Some songs are for the bride to perform on, some apt for the groom.  Some are solo, some are duets.  Some of the songs are for friends to perform on, some are for family members.  Some are for couples, some are for bride/groom's relatives.

Some of the songs can be combined to make a story, some can be put together as a theme.  Some can be used as a background for slideshow presentation, some for a group dance.  Some fast numbers for youngsters to perform on, some make for a good comedy or parody.  Some old gold songs for the elder couples, some ....  the choice is yours :-)

Update (1 Feb 2013):  I appreciate your comments and questions, but if you ask me to go through the 180 songs to help select some for you, it is not possible.  The list of songs below is for you to choose a suitable song on your own.  Please make good use of the list; a lot of my time and effort has gone into compiling it.  Thanks for understanding!

Update (10 June 2013): Looking for some song ideas to tease the bride or groom at sangeet

Update (17 July 2013): Dear Readers, while I am regularly updating this table of sangeet songs that I have been compiling since 3 years (ever since my wedding) - I have noticed several blogs copying this list of songs and using it on their blog.  Pasting only the link to this post is better than copying the entire post.  When information shared by someone's effort is sufficient on one blog - the SAME content NEED NOT be copied on other blogs.  And to those who bring such copied blogs/posts to my notice - thank you.
Continue Reading »»»

No comments:

Post a Comment